[NatureNS] movement of mixed flocks - Wolfville Ridge

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 17:56:42 -0300

There is a movement of warblers, sparrows and finches along the Wolfville
Ridge today.

This afternoon two Chipping and 6+ White-throated sparrows and 2m2f Purple
Finches arrived at the feeders - the latter being the first we have seen
since early last fall - joining the colourful Am Goldfinches, chickadees,
both species of nuthatch, the woodpeckers and the Mourning Doves.  The
Blue-headed Vireo remains in the area so the variety is picking up. Except
for the residential pair, the small flock of juncos has disappeared.

Still waiting for that first hummer to appear.  A friend in Kentville (
Canaan Ave.) had a Ruby-throat visiting on Sun-Mon.

We found a dog tick on our dog a couple of days ago, from our woods.sigh.

Cheers,

Judy

  Judy Tufts

 Wolfville NS