[NatureNS] A Facebook question

Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 20:53:05 -0300
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--20cf30549de3d434ba04a3a9b4ad

Richard,

Try going here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nature-Nova-Scotia/183810795000696

<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nature-Nova-Scotia/183810795000696>and
pressing " like" at the top of the page. That should work.

Helene

--
Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre

--20cf30549de3d434ba04a3a9b4ad

href=3D"https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nature-Nova-Scotia/183810795000696">=
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nature-Nova-Scotia/183810795000696</a></div>=
/183810795000696"></a>and pressing &quot; like&quot; at the top of the page=
ail_quote">
On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Richard Stern <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a hre=
f=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> w=
rote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;borde=
r-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
Forgive me for seeming stupid in this age of social networking, but I have =
never really got my head around the ins and outs of Facebook. Mary Macaulay=
 mentioned posting a picture on the NatureNS Facebook page. I didn&#39;t kn=
ow there was one, but I have indeed now found it. But how do I join that gr=
oup, so that it&#39;s listed in my own Facebook page under &quot;my groups&=
quot;? <br>

up, click &quot;Ask to Join Group&quot; at the upper right side of=20
the group&#39;s page.  You can also be added to a group by a friend who is=
=20
already a member.
Since groups require admin approval for you to join, you may have to=20
wait for an admin to confirm your request. Admins can also block=20
specific people from joining a group.
&quot;<br><br>But I can&#39;t see any button that asks me to join the group=
 anywhere on the group&#39;s page, apart from one that says Subscribe by RS=
S - which I don&#39;t want to do. I just want to occasionally access the gr=
oup with 1 click from my own page. Any ideas?<br>

:sternrichard@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>##=

div>Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre</div><div>RR#1 Brookfield NS B0=
" target=3D"_blank">birdvet@hotmail.com</a></div>
v><div>Join us on May 28 for the 3rd Annual Wildlife Benefit Concert and Si=
lent Auction</div><div>Join us on June 18 for Garrett Mason with Joe Murphy=
 and the Water Street Blues Band</div>

--20cf30549de3d434ba04a3a9b4ad--