[NatureNS] Question about pollen and nice pic of sapsucker for nature ns

From: Mary Macaulay <marymacaulay@hotmail.com>
To: Nature Nova Scotia <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 12:32:42 -0300

--_4841dd86-9fb9-4e40-85fc-aead26c2e164_

Every year at about this time our lake has a frothy yellowy scum on it whic=
h seems to be from tree pollen (conifers?).  There must be a lot of organic=
 nutrients in this to cause the frothing.  Just wondering if anyone knows w=
hether this is important for the aquatic food chain?
Also took a nice pic of a sapsucker on a tree in front of my cottage at Ang=
evince.  Cedar waxwings arrived at Angevine over the weekend (as well as on=
 the Elm tree in front of my house in Halifax).  They must be on the move.
  		 	   		  =

--_4841dd86-9fb9-4e40-85fc-aead26c2e164_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
Every year at about this time our lake has a frothy yellowy scum on it whic=
h seems to be from tree pollen (conifers?).&nbsp=3B There must be a lot of =
organic nutrients in this to cause the frothing.&nbsp=3B Just wondering if =
anyone knows whether this is important for the aquatic food chain?<BR>
Also took a nice pic of a sapsucker on a tree in front of my cottage at Ang=
evince.&nbsp=3B Cedar waxwings arrived at Angevine over the weekend (as wel=
l as on the Elm tree in front of my house in Halifax).&nbsp=3B They must be=
 on the move.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR> 		 	   		  </body>

--_4841dd86-9fb9-4e40-85fc-aead26c2e164_--