[NatureNS] Chimney Swift photo request

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:16:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tuma Young <tumayoung@yahoo.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0-1576924304-1308241011=:75805

Ian et al:

Nick and I want to take on this challenge and are willing to try it today.
 Planning is key to try and get a really sharp, nice picture thus we are
requesting some more information.  The closest area would be the Robbie Tufts
place in the valley.

Couple of questions:

1. Are they still flying into the Robbie Tufts Chimney place?
2. At what time?
3. Who can meet us there and help us?
4. Just where is this Robbie Tufts Chimney located at?

I'm thinking we can up the ISO on our cameras and then try to reduce noise
levels in post processing but I imagine there will be still some noise.  A bit
difficult but not impossible:  high ISO, high shutter speed, very low light,
high speed syc with the flash, possibly need to throw flash, fast birds,
overcast skies, trying to get the bird to pose like the way Ian wants it.  Well,
a challenge indeed.  But we are willing to give it a shot, Ian.

I do have some "record" shots taken the day of the meeting in New Glasgow on my
gallery in the album called swifts.  Just click on the album to bring it up,
click on the picture to enlarge it.

http://gallery.me.com/tumayoung

But I hope to get better shots plus Nick has not seen them so it will be a lifer
for him.

Tuma Young
Halifax
 Koqwaqja'tekaq'tinej.