[NatureNS] Lyme disease and ticks -- today's Herald, June 19/11

Cc: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>,
From: "James W. Wolford" <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:57:23 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

In the Sunday Herald, June 19/11, in the first section is a full-page
information section, with lots of photos: "Enjoying the Outdoors
safely", all about Lyme disease and black-legged or deer ticks, from
the Nova Scotia government (Departments of Health? and also Natural
Resources? -- no Web sites cited, but check those departments under
gov.ns.ca/ and see what they have under those departments).

This page has the following headings:

Lyme disease;
Ticks;
Be Tick Smart -- Be Tick Safe;
How to check for/prevent tick bites;
How do I remove a tick;
What should I do if I find a Black-legged Tick?;
short list of areas with black-legged ticks infected with Lyme
disease bacterium.

Clip this page and keep it for reference.

Enjoy the outdoors!  And tick-checks after the outdoors can be fun!

Cheers from Jim in Wolfville.