[NatureNS] Erythristic garter snake

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:33:03 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--000e0cdf0f7687915e04a623f155

All,

I don't recall anyone mentioning red snakes here before.

John Gilhen, former curator of Herpetology at the NSMNH, has recently
published an article in *The Canadian Field-Naturalist* (Vol. 124 [2])
describing reddish Maritime Garter Snakes, which makes this the fifth colour
variant described for our subspecies of Garter. Appropriately, he got the
cover shot for the issue!

The only colour variant I have seen is the melanistic (black) form,
including two on my land here in Ant. Co.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--000e0cdf0f7687915e04a623f155

gy at the NSMNH, has recently published an article in <i>The Canadian Field=
-Naturalist</i>=A0(Vol. 124 [2]) describing reddish Maritime Garter Snakes,=
 which makes this the fifth colour variant described for our subspecies of =
Garter. Appropriately, he got the cover shot for the issue!</div>

r>

Way in the boonies of<br>Antigonish County, NS.<br>

--000e0cdf0f7687915e04a623f155--