[NatureNS] Butterflies absent

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 14:38:23 -0300
From: John Klymko <jklymko@mta.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi James,

The atlas doesn't have rigid enough protocols to be able to use butterfly
absence, so there isn't much use in reporting null data. To use reports of
butterfly absence we'd have to have surveyors surveying for a specific amount
of time in a specific size of habitat within specific weather parameters etc.

I guess all I can say is that I hope weather gets warmer so you don't have the
situation where nothing is flying!

Cheers,
John

John Klymko
Director - Maritimes Butterfly Atlas
Atlantic Canada Conservation Data Centre
PO Box 6416, Sackville, NB E4L 1G6
(506)364-2660(tel); (506)364-2656(fax)
http://www.accdc.com/butterflyatlas/
http://groups.google.com/group/maritimes-butterfly-atlas?pli=1