[NatureNS] A great year for nesting owls...

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:14:23 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--90e6ba6e8d26592e5604a6d8bbeb

...is due sometime within the next decade.

I've just come back from the Highlands where Fritz McEvoy and I did a final
check on over 20 boxes, then I did another nine the next day on my way back,
for a total of over 30 boxes checked. One red squirrel. That's it. No
Saw-whets, no Boreals, no kestrels, no flying squirrels...not even a wasp
nest to make things interesting.

Definitely, my worst year in over a decade.

And as far as I know, none of the hobbiests who have small numbers of boxes
have any nests either.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--90e6ba6e8d26592e5604a6d8bbeb

 come back from the Highlands where Fritz McEvoy and I did a final check on=
 over 20 boxes, then I did another nine the next day on my way back, for a =
total of over 30 boxes checked. One red squirrel. That&#39;s it. No Saw-whe=
ts, no Boreals, no kestrels, no flying squirrels...not even a wasp nest to =
make things interesting.</div>

br></div><div>And as far as I know, none of the hobbiests who have small nu=
ar=3D"all">

ntigonish County, NS.<br>

--90e6ba6e8d26592e5604a6d8bbeb--