[NatureNS] Showy Lady's Slipper Orchid

From: Hans Toom <htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:05:30 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_c71Zxv0XMXrYbA0vxOgzTQ)

Laura and I took advantage of the sunshine yesterday to visit the Showy Lady's Slipper Orchids at Smiley's Provincial Park.  We went early and were the only people in the picnic area of the park.  The warblers and vireos were singing brightly overhead but watch out for the black flies.  The orchids were mostly in full bloom with a few too shy to open just yet.

Here's some photos: http://www.hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Orchids3/0122.html  Scroll to the right as usual.

Hans
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www.hanstoom.com/

--Boundary_(ID_c71Zxv0XMXrYbA0vxOgzTQ)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.19088">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Laura and I took advantage of the sunshine
yesterday to visit the Showy Lady's Slipper Orchids at Smiley's Provincial
Park.&nbsp; We went early and were the only people in the picnic area of the
park.&nbsp; The warblers and vireos were singing brightly overhead but watch out
for the black flies.&nbsp; The orchids were mostly in full bloom with a few too
shy to open just yet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Here's some photos: <A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Orchids3/0122.html">http://www.hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Orchids3/0122.html</A>&nbsp;
Scroll to the right as usual.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/">http://www.hanstoom.com/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_c71Zxv0XMXrYbA0vxOgzTQ)--