[NatureNS] Eastern Bluebirds - Lower Rose Bay

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 00:21:07 +0000

--_92178d4f-6830-4c5d-9788-fc22de5cb5eb_

Hi all:
=20
Unfortunately I'm not able to devulge the location of these birds this time=
 around due to the wishes of the property owners.  I was down myself this e=
vening and found out that there had been five eggs in the nest box.  The ad=
ults were very active in bringing food to the young and the young were very=
 vocal within the box.  The property owners have sent me a number of photos=
 of the adults bringing food for the young and feeding through the nest box=
 hole.  There are lots of other nests active with black-capped chickadees i=
n one feeding young and tree swallows in another with a youngster with the =
head out waiting for food.  Another group of chickadees were feeding beggin=
g young on a tree branch nearby.  Also=2C present were many other species a=
nd I was told about young birds being brought to the feeders for these othe=
r species. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
Bayport 		 	   		  =

--_92178d4f-6830-4c5d-9788-fc22de5cb5eb_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Tahoma
}
--></style>
</head>
<FONT size=3D3>Hi all:</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D3>Unfortunately I'm not able to devulge the location of these =
birds this time around due to the wishes of the property owners.&nbsp=3B I =
was down myself this evening and found out that there had been five eggs in=
 the nest box.&nbsp=3B The adults were very active in bringing food to the =
young and the young were very vocal within the box.&nbsp=3B The property ow=
ners have sent me a number of photos of the adults bringing food for the yo=
ung and feeding through the nest box hole.&nbsp=3B There are lots of other =
nests active with black-capped chickadees in one feeding young and tree swa=
llows in another with a youngster with the head out waiting for food.&nbsp=
=3B Another group of chickadees were feeding begging young on a tree branch=
 nearby.&nbsp=3B Also=2C present were many other species and I was told abo=
ut young birds being brought to the feeders for these other species.&nbsp=
=3B </FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp=3B<BR>
<FONT size=3D3>James R. Hirtle</FONT><BR>
<FONT size=3D3>Bayport</FONT><BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_92178d4f-6830-4c5d-9788-fc22de5cb5eb_--