[NatureNS] pictures

Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 13:13:36 -0300
From: Peter Payzant <pce@accesswave.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_TyrjKQ7id+XbdMr4V7e43w)

Tuma-

The Showies were in bloom at Smiley's Provincial Park at the end of June
and may still be worth looking at. You can call the park at (902)
757-3131 to see what the situation is. When you enter, they can give you
exact directions where to find them.

I'm pretty sure that it's much too late for the Ram's-Heads, unfortunately.

Peter Payzant

On 2011/07/10 12:50 PM, Tuma Young wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> Nick and I are trying something different.  We would like to get some
> pictures of orchids.  Now I know that bogs around Peggy's cove have
> grass pinks, dragon's mouths, and perhaps some calypso's but I wanted
> to know where I can find Showy Lady Slippers and possibly Ram's head
> lady slippers.  Are they in bloom now and if so where can we find
> them.  I know a spot in Cape Breton for the showy's (along with the
> small Yellow-lady's, and for the purple, green, white fringed and
> coral plus the rattlesnake plantain) but not on the mainland.  Is
> there a place where the ram's head and showy are within a reasonable
> driving of Halifax.

--Boundary_(ID_TyrjKQ7id+XbdMr4V7e43w)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    text="#000000">
        The Showies were in bloom at Smiley's Provincial Park at the end
        of June and may still be worth looking at. You can call the park
        at (902) 757-3131 to see what the situation is. When you enter,
        they can give you exact directions where to find them.<br>
        I'm pretty sure that it's much too late for the Ram's-Heads,
        unfortunately.<br>
        Peter Payzant<br>
            to get some pictures of orchids. &nbsp;Now I know that bogs
            around Peggy's cove have grass pinks, dragon's mouths, and
            perhaps some calypso's but I wanted to know where I can find
            Showy Lady Slippers and possibly Ram's head lady slippers.
            &nbsp;Are they in bloom now and if so where can we find them. &nbsp;I
            know a spot in Cape Breton for the showy's (along with the
            small Yellow-lady's, and for the purple, green, white
            fringed and coral plus the rattlesnake plantain) but not on
            the mainland. &nbsp;Is there a place where the ram's head and
            showy are within a reasonable driving of Halifax.</div>

--Boundary_(ID_TyrjKQ7id+XbdMr4V7e43w)--