[NatureNS] Straight Green Line in the Sky

Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 00:16:37 -0300
From: "Stephen R. Shaw" <srshaw@Dal.Ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, Shawn Miner <preserve101@hotmail.com>
Cc: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca " <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

There's a green laser system run off the top of the A&A Building at
Dalhousie some nights by atmospheric science people at the uni.  It's
called LIDAR or some similar acronym and is used to sample the
atmosphere (the bounced-back beam is analyzed).  If it is misty or
cloudy, it is more noticeabl and was running last night too.
Steve, Halifax