[NatureNS] Cougar travels over 1000miles before being run over

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 23:10:54 -0400
From: "Frederick W. Schueler" <bckcdb@istar.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

On 7/27/2011 10:09 PM, Darrell wrote:
> /http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/126225413.html/
> //
> /1000miles is quite a journey and surely shows that these cats roam far
> and wide. I personally would love to see them here./

* but the fact that one had traveled from the Black Hills, and then was
road-killed in Connecticut, suggests that if the "Eastern Cougar"
persists as a remnant of original eastern populations, they'd be
road-killed from time to time (as the known eastern population in
Florida perilously frequently is), further suggesting that the frequent
sightings of Cougars in the east are of something other than remnants of
original eastern populations.

fred schueler
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
now in the field on the Thirty Years Later Expedition -
http://fragileinheritance.org/projects/thirty/thirtyintro.htm