[NatureNS] Insect ID Ideas?

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 09:35:20 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--20cf303ea1d4837b9704a934855f

The first is a wasp, tentatively an Ichneumon; the last one is an ichneumon
wasp.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 28 July 2011 23:31, Burkhard Plache <burkhardplache@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I met three insects in the previous week, and have only a limited idea
> what they are:
>
> (1) most likely a wasp, but I have not seen such an orange one before.
> (2) obviously a (carpenter?) ant.
> But what was it doing in our living room? A female in search for a home?
> Are the scars at the thorax where wings were attached?
> (3) No idea where to place this one. Saw it on a lake shore
> mid-morning, full sun.
>
> Photos at
> http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/31301732/1/UnknownInsects?h=a9694b
>
> Burkhard

--20cf303ea1d4837b9704a934855f

The first is a wasp, tentatively an Ichneumon; the last one is an ichneumon=

span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:burkhardplache@gmail.com">burkhardpl=
tyle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">

Hello,<br>
I met three insects in the previous week, and have only a limited idea<br>
what they are:<br>
(1) most likely a wasp, but I have not seen such an orange one before.<br>
(2) obviously a (carpenter?) ant.<br>
But what was it doing in our living room? A female in search for a home?<br=

Are the scars at the thorax where wings were attached?<br>
(3) No idea where to place this one. Saw it on a lake shore<br>
mid-morning, full sun.<br>
Photos at <a href=3D"http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/31301732/1/UnknownInsec=
ts?h=3Da9694b" target=3D"_blank">http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/31301732/1/=
UnknownInsects?h=3Da9694b</a><br>