[NatureNS] Beulach Ban Falls and Meat Cove

From: Hans Toom <htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:38:43 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_eT07XdBBDgxBr9oZsg6xrg)

Laura and I enjoyed a three day trip to the Cape Breton Highlands, late last month. We had good intelligence on finding Bicknell's Thrush and Three-toed Woodpecker but alas the wind blew hard, the rain was relentless, and the fog was everywhere in the high country so we had to settle for good food and spectacular scenery, especially on our trip to Meat Cove, Nova Scotia's northernmost community.  This is the supposed birth place of Satchel of "Get Fuzzy" fame. The name of the community derives from the smell of cooking meat, mostly moose. Fisherman used to stop here to replenish their food inventory.

http://www.hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Visions3/0193.html

We discovered Beulach Ban Falls in Cape Breton Highlands National Park. It's well worth a visit if your up this way

http://www.hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Visions3/0208.html

Hans
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www.hanstoom.com/

--Boundary_(ID_eT07XdBBDgxBr9oZsg6xrg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.19088">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Laura and I enjoyed a three day trip to the Cape
Breton Highlands, late last month.&nbsp;We had good intelligence on finding
Bicknell's Thrush and Three-toed Woodpecker but alas the wind blew
hard,&nbsp;the rain was relentless, and the fog was everywhere in the high
country so we had to settle for good food and spectacular scenery, especially on
our trip to Meat Cove, Nova&nbsp;Scotia's northernmost community.&nbsp; This is
the supposed birth place of Satchel of "Get Fuzzy" fame.&nbsp;The name of the
community derives from the smell of cooking meat, mostly moose.&nbsp;Fisherman
used to stop here to replenish their food inventory.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Visions3/0193.html">http://www.hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Visions3/0193.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>We discovered Beulach Ban Falls in Cape Breton
Highlands National Park.&nbsp;It's well worth a visit if your up this
way</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Visions3/0208.html">http://www.hanstoom.com/StockPhotos/Visions3/0208.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/">http://www.hanstoom.com/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_eT07XdBBDgxBr9oZsg6xrg)--