[NatureNS] Grand Pre shorebirds today

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:28:09 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

--000325559da230c53e04aa55980d

Hi,

I was able to get out to the mudflats at Grand Pre today just after high
tide. I estimated about 8000 "peeps", nearly all of which were Semi.
sandpipers, with a few White-rumps and Semi.plovers. They were basically in
1 group to the east of Evangeline Beach. For once a distant Merlin didn't
seem to bother them. I have uploaded 3 videos (1 videoscoped through my
scope) which might be of interest to those who haven't seen this show
before. I'm still at the very bottom of the learning curve with video, but
hope to get better! Photos will follow eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk91_ToIeuE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_7AYl2IZe4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y78e75bSExk

Richard
--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--000325559da230c53e04aa55980d

Hi,<br><br>I was able to get out to the mudflats at Grand Pre today just af=
ter high tide. I estimated about 8000 &quot;peeps&quot;, nearly all of whic=
h were Semi. sandpipers, with a few White-rumps and Semi.plovers. They were=
 basically in 1 group to the east of Evangeline Beach. For once a distant M=
erlin didn&#39;t seem to bother them. I have uploaded 3 videos (1 videoscop=
ed through my scope) which might be of interest to those who haven&#39;t se=
en this show before. I&#39;m still at the very bottom of the learning curve=
 with video, but hope to get better! Photos will follow eventually.<br>

tube.com/watch?v=3DJk91_ToIeuE</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.youtube.com/wat=
ch?v=3DX_7AYl2IZe4">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DX_7AYl2IZe4</a><br cle=
ar=3D"all">

P 1T0<br>