[NatureNS] Air Swimmers

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:44:53 -0300
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Elizabeth Doull <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>

Thanks Liz,

Well timed, I must say!

Whether Clown Fish, or Great White, they're both creatures of our oceans and seas and all have their place and importance in our world.

When I read the headline regarding Fulton Lavender's sighting, I thought, 'Yikes'!, 'You've got to be careful about what you say to the press!' They will take the most innocent word/comment you might have said, even if it was not meant as such, and sensationalize it by putting it 'front and center' to basically scare people, because IT SELLS PAPERS! As I've said before, their mantra IS: "If it bleeds; it reads....".... "Scary big"; I am sure, was not said to cause anxiety...& well, there are alot more truly dangerous aspects of our coastal waters that are more common, that need to be heeded, than the very rare appearance of a Great White Shark.

Anyway, thanks Liz for posting this. It made me smile... In my opinion and within 'the great scheme of things'; to me anyway, it puts Fulton Lavender's sighting in perspective. VERY exciting but, at the same time, not threatening to anyone. :o) Just my opinion, of course....

Cheers!

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth