[NatureNS] Various Kings Co. Birds Today

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 15:24:51 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>

--001517478076493a1e04ab80c86a

Hi,

There was quite a movement of warblers etc. around our cottage at Baxters
Harbor this morning, lasting perhaps an hour. Here's the list as submitted
to E-bird. Numbers are very much estimates.

Herring Gull  1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  20     Whizzing about all over the place. Number
is an estimate. 1 was still an adult male.
Red-eyed Vireo  2
Blue Jay  2
American Crow  2
Black-capped Chickadee  10
Red-breasted Nuthatch  2
American Robin  1
Black-and-white Warbler  2
American Redstart  3
Northern Parula  4
Magnolia Warbler  4
Blackburnian Warbler  2
Chestnut-sided Warbler  3
Yellow-rumped Warbler  6
Black-throated Green Warbler  2
Wilson's Warbler  2
American Goldfinch  2

There was a 3rd. c. LBB Gull in a field with a lot of Herring and
Ring-billed along Middle Dyke Rd. at 10am.

3 of us walked Evangeline Beach just after high tide. Numbers of Peeps were
rather small, and the tide fell pretty rapidly. Here's another estimate --

Semi. Plover 500
Semi. Sandpiper  5000
White-rumped Sandpiper 20
Merlin  1
Bald eagle imm. 1

There was a N.Harrier closer to the Wolfville Sewage Ponds, and ? 1000 or so
un-ID'd peeps spread out over the mudflats there.

Like Ian, I'm impressed with the number of Ring-billed gulls that seem to be
around at the moment, particularly in recently mown and hayed fields here in
the Valley.

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

sternrichard@gmail.com
###################

--001517478076493a1e04ab80c86a

Hi,<br><br>There was quite a movement of warblers etc. around our cottage a=
t Baxters Harbor this morning, lasting perhaps an hour. Here&#39;s the list=
 as submitted to E-bird. Numbers are very much estimates.<br><br>
Herring Gull =A01<br>
Ruby-throated Hummingbird =A020 =A0 =A0 Whizzing about all over the place. =
Number is an estimate. 1 was still an adult male.<br>
Red-eyed Vireo =A02<br>
Blue Jay =A02<br>
American Crow =A02<br>
Black-capped Chickadee =A010<br>
Red-breasted Nuthatch =A02<br>
American Robin =A01<br>
Black-and-white Warbler =A02<br>
American Redstart =A03<br>
Northern Parula =A04<br>
Magnolia Warbler =A04<br>
Blackburnian Warbler =A02<br>
Chestnut-sided Warbler =A03<br>
Yellow-rumped Warbler =A06<br>
Black-throated Green Warbler =A02<br>
Wilson&#39;s Warbler =A02<br>
American Goldfinch =A02<br><br>There was a 3rd. c. LBB Gull in a field with=
 a lot of Herring and Ring-billed along Middle Dyke Rd. at 10am.<br><br>3 o=
f us walked Evangeline Beach just after high tide. Numbers of Peeps were ra=
ther small, and the tide fell pretty rapidly. Here&#39;s another estimate -=
-<br>

o the Wolfville Sewage Ponds, and ? 1000 or so un-ID&#39;d peeps spread out=
 over the mudflats there.<br>

eem to be around at the moment, particularly in recently mown and hayed fie=

1T0<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com=

--001517478076493a1e04ab80c86a--