[NatureNS] Razorbill, Back Cove Hartlen Point

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:58:33 -0300

Sunday, August 28 2011

Found two Baird's sandpipers on the harbourside beach (where the last yellow
barrier was).  A few yellowlegs, ruddy turnstones, semipalmated sandpipers
and one lone least sandpiper were there as well.

At the end of the service road leading to the back cove, I came across quite
a lot of warblers flittering around in the willow trees.  The best bird was
the N. waterthrush.   The others were Common Yellow throats, Parulas,
Magnolias, and a few Yellows.  Oh yes, there were several hummingbirds
buzzing around.  None of them was Rufuous.  The time was past 11.

No sign of the dickcissel, but I got there past 11 am.

Six whimbrels, one golden plover, and 15+ black-bellied plovers  were
foraging on the golf course (in the evening).

Many thanks to Dennis Garrat for reporting the dickcissel and Baird's
sandpiper.

Cheers,
Liz