[NatureNS] N.B. Whale-watching boat trips

Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 20:38:32 -0300
From: <fulton.harding@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>

I went to Grand Manan on the on the Grand Manan Adventure on the 27th of August and we did see whales from the ferry, just after we left Black's Harbour and then again later in the crossing.

I noted that one of the whale watching cruises is set up so that people can travel to the island on the ferry as a foot passenger and save the expense of paying to take your car across.  Not sure which one that was but I am sure with a little research online you can find that information.

The island was beautiful and we did drive around quite a bit that day and early the next morning.  The heavy rains from Irene had started when we left the island on the 28th on the 11:30 crossing back to the mainland.  We rented a cottage on Deer Island for a week and were on the Grand Island briefly for the Summer's End Music Festival and loved it so much we plan on renting a cottage there for a week next summer.

Marian Fulton
Hantsport, NS