[NatureNS] Ladies-Tresses

From: "Heather Drope" <heather.drope@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 11:56:39 -0300

ize:12pt;"&gt;Nova Scotia Wild Flora Society&
--Alt-Boundary-480.117639250

Hi Paul, good mark I guess. You are one of the true naturalists that I know.  With
S.romanzoffiana if you look down on it you will see distinct ranks of flowers in
other words no twisting where as the other S. all seem to have a twirl to the
flower ranks. Also romanzoffiana is a lot more sturdy/robust then the other
S.species. I find them hard to ID and if you had been at a meeting of the Wild
Flora where we presented photos of some that all of us had seen, well lets say
that the 'experts' couldn't even agree on what we were seeing.  I just enjoy
seeing them in the most common of places and hope others find them when
they are out and about.
Heather
Heather Drope
Nova Scotia Wild Flora Society
www.nswildflora.ca

--Alt-Boundary-480.117639250

<title></title>
</head>
S.romanzoffiana if you look down on it you will see distinct ranks of flowers in
other words no twisting where as the other S. all seem to have a twirl to the
flower ranks. Also romanzoffiana is a lot more sturdy/robust then the other
S.species. I find them hard to ID and if you had been at a meeting of the Wild
Flora where we presented photos of some that all of us had seen, well lets say
that the 'experts' couldn't even agree on what we were seeing.&#160; I just enjoy
seeing them in the most common of places and hope others find them when

--Alt-Boundary-480.117639250--