[NatureNS] deer!!

From: win&Ina <win@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 11:08:21 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_TdqfjKRkOQsZFc+BgDaTAg)

    This year we have  so many deer, we live in town close to Victoria Park. Multiple births were common, twins and triplets. For about two months, bucks have been out and very bold.We do not feed them in winter, they do take from the bird feeders. We have used everything short of an electric fence, right now blood meal is used, but they just go to another plant and their menu has expanded- flowers and scrubs that were never eaten before.This am a buck and two does were eating the leaves on the burning bushes, and no flowers were safe.Also they are so bold, cannot chase them by yelling or running after them, they just come back. the other night there was a herd of five just walking down out lane. They came up to our back door and ate the tomatoes. .Is it just our area or is happening all over.???

W.Kettleson (Truro)

--Boundary_(ID_TdqfjKRkOQsZFc+BgDaTAg)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 9.00.8112.16434">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=4 face=Arial>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This year we have&nbsp; so many
deer, we live in town close to Victoria Park. Multiple births were common, twins
and triplets. For about two months, bucks have been out and very bold.We do not
feed them in winter, they do take from the bird feeders. We have used everything
short of an electric fence, right now blood meal is used, but they just go to
another plant and their menu has expanded- flowers and scrubs that were never
eaten before.This am a buck and two does were eating the leaves on the burning
bushes, and no flowers were safe.Also they are so bold, cannot chase them by
yelling or running after them, they just come back. the other night there was a
herd of five just walking down out lane. They came up to our back door and ate
the tomatoes. .Is it just our area or is happening all over.???</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=4 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=4 face=Arial>W.Kettleson (Truro)</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_TdqfjKRkOQsZFc+BgDaTAg)--