[NatureNS] Hummingbird

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 16:31:42 -0300

Steve and I just had a hummingbird here in White Point. I don't know if it
is a tired bird or what, it did check out the honeysuckle that has a few
late blooms, then just drifted across to the grapevine but didn't go to the
feeders. I know it was quite chilly, down to 6 here at 6 am so maybe it is
struggling. Steve seemed to think it may have come from inside the barn or
possible from behind the barn. All the doors are open so passing through
wouldn't be difficult. That could be coming from an  easterly direction from
us.  Usually they rip through here at break neck speed.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens