[NatureNS] Wolfville Dyke Trail

Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 18:09:59 -0300
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--00151747b1f051d02e04ad2988e4

Hi Angela,

I would say no, you can't do that from the Museum site, which is well inland
from the dyke. (It would likely be feasible on dykeland roads but probably
far too complicated than what you want).

What you can do, if you want the maximum DYKE walk, is go to NORTH Grand Pre
& go almost to the WEST end of Long Island Road (near a brick house). You'll
see the dyke begin right there & from that point you can walk all the way to
Port Williams, on the dyke. You'll go right thru Wolfville & it's impossible
to get lost if you stay on top of the dyke. That's a long walk & I can't
imagine walking all the way back too. (?) Can you position a second car at
the Port Wms end ?

Rick Whitman

--
Rick Whitman

--00151747b1f051d02e04ad2988e4

 the Museum site, which is well inland from the dyke. (It would likely be f=
easible on dykeland roads but probably far too complicated than what you wa=
nt).</div>
go to NORTH Grand Pre &amp; go almost to the WEST end of Long Island Road (=
near a brick house). You&#39;ll see the dyke begin right there &amp; from t=
hat point you can walk all the way to Port Williams, on the dyke. You&#39;l=
l go right thru Wolfville &amp; it&#39;s impossible to get lost if you stay=
 on top of the dyke. That&#39;s a long walk &amp; I can&#39;t imagine walki=
ng all the way back too. (?) Can you position a second car at the Port Wms =
end ?</div>
Sep 17, 2011 at 4:13 PM, AngelaJoudrey <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mai=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px=
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
Does anyone know if you can get onto the &#39;trail&#39; from the Grand Pre=
 museum site? And can you walk it to Port Williams? <br><br>I know you can =
access it at various points along the way. I am wondering about this point =
in particular. <br>

--00151747b1f051d02e04ad2988e4--