[NatureNS] Caribou I.- herring= many Gannets

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:21:20 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_dfxN0ocTAv/8SK5IwGosfA)

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi Paul
Sorry for the late reply to your observation on Fisherman's Bank. At the time I did not know the answer, but I travelled to PEI last Tues. to a funeral and while on deck with binos looking at all the Gannets preform, I met a fellow traveller who was retired PEI fisherman now living in Alberta who was able to point out Fisherman's Bank to me. It seems to be an area about 6 km. east of Bear Pt.- between there and the east end of Pictou I.
My Gannet observations the day I was referring to were not from Fisherman's Bank but more to the west of Pictou I. Thanks for your question Paul- I was surprised how soon I ran into someone with the answer.

cheers
Ken

PS Stll lots of Herring boats around the Pictou I. -Caribou I. - Waterside  area last night ( Sept. 18).