[NatureNS] NS Bird Society September 22 meeting

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Ulli <uhoeger@dal.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 12:01:16 -0300

NSMNH, 1747 Summer Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, 7:30 p.m.

Our traditional members slide night, held at the January meeting, has
become increasingly popular over the years.  We are sure that this
will be the case again in January 2012.

To meet the demand we decided to add another meeting that will give
our members opportunity to show bird and birding related things, not
limited to photos!

The September meeting is themed amazing and mystery bird night.

Share your bird stories, photos (quality is not a criteria, contents
matter so don't be shy), drawings, paintings, specimens (e.g.
feathers, nests, egg shells ...), and such with fellow birders. We
look forward to hearing your stories.

Things you might want to consider sharing with us:
• Images, tracks, and traces of birds that you could not ID or that
were tricky to figure out. Maybe we can pin a name to one or the
other of your mystery birds, or learn from you how you got the ID.
• Specimens and images documenting bird behavior or the presence of
birds in odd or interesting places and situations. Ever been eye to
eye with a hummingbird at your window?

and all the other things that we didn't think about

Looking forward to see and hear your stories

For the Nova Scotia Bird Society

Ulli