[NatureNS] monarch

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:05:10 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_Xl5xq3y4Uedbhq9DhAEniA)

Monarchs used to visit and feed on my autumn asters every autumn
(September/early October), but I have not seen any at all since my last
photos of them in 2007. The asters are just coming into full bloom now;
I keep looking....  On the topic of butterflies, I have not seen any at
all in my garden since mid summer; this is unusual - has anyone else
noted this, or am I the only one?

Eleanor Lindsay
Seabright, St Margarets Bay

On 21/09/2011 1:57 PM, Heather Drope wrote:
> A friend of mine looked out at her butterfly bush just a while ago and thought she
> had a monarch butterfly on it. She said the colours were stunning.She ran to get
> a camera but the butterfly was very shy so no photo.
> I would have thought they would be on their way to their winter habitat. I don't
> know enough about butterflys to know if it was indeed what she thought it was.
> This was in Dartmouth by the golf course.
> Heather
> Heather Drope
> Nova Scotia Wild Flora Society
> www.nswildflora.ca

--Boundary_(ID_Xl5xq3y4Uedbhq9DhAEniA)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      feed on my autumn asters every autumn (September/early October),
      but I have not seen</font> <font face="Helvetica, Arial,
      sans-serif">any at all since my last photos of them in 2007. The
      asters are just coming into full bloom now; I keep looking....  On
      the topic of butterflies, I have not seen any at all in my garden
      since mid summer; this is unusual - has anyone else noted this, or
      am I the only one?<br>
      Eleanor Lindsay<br>
      Seabright, St Margarets Bay   </font><br>
      <pre wrap="">A friend of mine looked out at her butterfly bush just a while ago and thought she
had a monarch butterfly on it. She said the colours were stunning.She ran to get
a camera but the butterfly was very shy so no photo.
I would have thought they would be on their way to their winter habitat. I don't
know enough about butterflys to know if it was indeed what she thought it was.
This was in Dartmouth by the golf course.
Heather
Heather Drope
Nova Scotia Wild Flora Society
www.nswildflora.ca

</pre>

--Boundary_(ID_Xl5xq3y4Uedbhq9DhAEniA)--