[NatureNS] Re: [NS-RBA] Don Purchase

Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 16:57:46 -0300
From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>

--0015175cd5b8d6e11804ae422770

I agree.We became friends with Purch and Joyce shortly after moving to NS in
the early 1980s, they often went birding with us, and were always pleased to
see us at NSBS meetings, and vise versa. I know Purch had been Ill for a
long time, and missed being able to get out birding. I just tried to send an
online condolence, but the funeral home seem to have made it almost
impossible to do that, so if anyone has done that successfully, please let
me know how.

Richard

On Saturday, October 1, 2011, Peter Payzant <pce@accesswave.ca> wrote:
> Sad news indeed. They were a wonderful couple, and infectiously cheerful.
They led the first NSBS field trip that Linda and I ever attended, a
freezing-cold Eastern Shore look for sea ducks and grebes.

http://jobspress.com/announcements/obituaries/purchase-donald-walter-purch-%E2%80%94-cdi-cwo-retd-84-cole
>.
>
> Peter Payzant
>

> On 2011/10/01 10:37 AM, Don MacNeill wrote:
>
> I see from this morning's paper that Don Purchase died on September 29.
 He

--
#################
Dr.R.B.Stern,

--0015175cd5b8d6e11804ae422770

I agree.We became friends with Purch and Joyce shortly after moving to NS i=
n the early 1980s, they often went birding with us, and were always pleased=
 to see us at NSBS meetings, and vise versa. I know Purch had been Ill for =
a long time, and missed being able to get out birding. I just tried to send=
 an online condolence, but the funeral home seem to have made it almost imp=
ossible to do that, so if anyone has done that successfully, please let me =
know how. <br>
=3D"mailto:pce@accesswave.ca">pce@accesswave.ca</a>&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; Sad =
news indeed. They were a wonderful couple, and infectiously cheerful. They =
led the first NSBS field trip that Linda and I ever attended, a freezing-co=
ld Eastern Shore look for sea ducks and grebes.<br>
&gt;<br>&gt; Purch&#39;s obituary is here=A0&lt;<a href=3D"http://jobspress=
.com/announcements/obituaries/purchase-donald-walter-purch-%E2%80%94-cdi-cw=
o-retd-84-cole">http://jobspress.com/announcements/obituaries/purchase-dona=
ld-walter-purch-%E2%80%94-cdi-cwo-retd-84-cole</a>&gt;.<br>
Don MacNeill wrote:<br>&gt;<br>&gt; I see from this morning&#39;s paper tha=
t Don Purchase died on September 29. =A0He <br>&gt; served on the executive=
 of the Nova Scotia Bird Society for a number of <br>
&gt; years and was a director of the Scholarship and Sanctuary Trust Fund.<=
br>&gt;<br>&gt; He and his wife Joyce were always very active in the Societ=
y&#39;s activities <br>&gt; and great to be with on various birding expedit=
ions. =A0They loved Baroque <br>
&gt; music and attended the NS Symphony&#39;s Baroque series, despite havin=
g to <br>&gt; travel from Cole Harbour in the depths of winter. =A0They wer=
Don<br>
&gt;<br>&gt; Don MacNeill<br>&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:donmacneill@eastlink.ca=
ms,<br>

--0015175cd5b8d6e11804ae422770--