[NatureNS] Hummers & Oriole

Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 22:20:04 -0300
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_9YaFb8zYwsAraXOG5qTzsg)

Hummer still here just at dusk today, Angus.  Also have a female N.
Baltimore Oriole which arrived yesterday.

Lois Codling
L. Sackville

On 02/10/2011 6:58 PM, Angus MacLean wrote:
> Thanks to Lois Codling, we have one report of a hummer in October. I
> have always thought that those seen in October were off-track migrants
> perhaps from Ontario. Well, the sightings this fall indicate otherwise.
>
> Dorothy Cameron's hummer almost made it, being seen on September 30.
>
> However the recently fledged one Dwayne Sabine's reported of in
> Weymouth around the middle of September may still be around. Females
> feed their young for 3 weeks but, although the literature is silent,
> females must still have to teach the young other things before migration.
>
> Angus

--Boundary_(ID_9YaFb8zYwsAraXOG5qTzsg)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Hummer still here just at dusk today, Angus.&nbsp; Also have a female N.
    Baltimore Oriole which arrived yesterday.<br>
    Lois Codling<br>
    L. Sackville<br>
      Thanks to Lois Codling, we have one report of a hummer in October.
      I have
      always thought that those seen in October were off-track migrants
      perhaps
      from Ontario. Well, the sightings this fall indicate otherwise.<br>
      Dorothy Cameron's hummer almost made it, being seen on September
      30.<br>
      However the <font size="3">recently fledged one</font> <font
        size="3">Dwayne
        Sabine's reported of in Weymouth around the middle of September
        may still
        be around. Females feed their young for 3 weeks but, although
        the
        literature is silent, females must still have to teach the young
        other
        things before migration.<br>
        Angus<br>

--Boundary_(ID_9YaFb8zYwsAraXOG5qTzsg)--