[NatureNS] older flora and fauna species for HRM, AGAIN

From: "David&Jane Schlosberg" <dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:53:34 -0300

It's wonderful that you professionals are so knowledgeable about introduced
species.  However, the question I raised is: what about the ones that have
been pushed out?  I will consult a geographer, to ascertain the changes in
terrain--wetlands filled in, streams driven underground, etc. that would
give me aquatic plants and animals no longer prevelant.  What about any
species that are now very rare in what remains of metro's woodland and
meadowland?  Or do all of these still thrive in unpopulated areas of the
province?
I would be thrilled to get a few flowering plants, small mammals, and
insects (especially butterflies)--so photogenic for an art project.  If I am
able to carry out my plan, I will certainly give credit to all who have
helped.
Jane