[NatureNS] older flora and fauna species for HRM

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 14:59:16 -0300
From: "Andrew Hebda" <HEBDAAJ@gov.ns.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

We have sporadic reports and sightings (generally one every 5 years or so) including Yarmouth, Cape Breton (Federation of Naturalists meeting), as well as Halifax Harbour.  These are, essentially extra-limital. I will check other archive sources.  The principal population was associated with Sable Island - extirpated in the 17th century

Andrew

A Hebda
Nova Scotia Museum

>>> John and Nhung <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca> 10/3/2011 7:50 pm >>>
My father mentioned a walrus being shot off Yarmouth in the '20's.