[NatureNS] Shortage of Raccoons Anyone?

From: Gary Myers <gemyers@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:13:06 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_VRezxyxUmvJAUL9d2K22kw)

Here in Morden we are normally (blessed?) with a number of raccoons who =
make their regular nocturnal runs in search of food.  For the past two =
weeks I have see no sign of them  I have a stealth camera which I run =
24/7 in my backyard and all I caught on it was a beautiful six point =
White Tail buck about two weeks ago,  Doubly mystifying is the fact that =
we have a kiwi vine which this year produced far more fruit than ever =
before.  Usually the raccoons patiently await the kiwis ripening then =
take their pick (literally).  This year the kiwis are untouched.  Does =
anyone have similar experience?  I=E2=80=99m not complaining and if you =
have lots do not feel any obligation to send some over...I=E2=80=99m =
just asking.  Gary Myers Morden NS=

--Boundary_(ID_VRezxyxUmvJAUL9d2K22kw)

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">
<DIV>Here in Morden we are normally (blessed?) with a number of raccoons =
who=20
make their regular nocturnal runs in search of food.&nbsp; For the past =
two=20
weeks I have see no sign of them&nbsp; I have a stealth camera which I =
run 24/7=20
in my backyard and all I caught on it was a beautiful six point White =
Tail buck=20
about two weeks ago,&nbsp; Doubly mystifying is the fact that we have a =
kiwi=20
vine which this year produced far more fruit than ever before.&nbsp; =
Usually the=20
raccoons patiently await the kiwis ripening then take their pick=20
(literally).&nbsp; This year the kiwis are untouched.&nbsp; Does anyone =
have=20
similar experience?&nbsp; I=E2=80=99m not complaining and if you have =
lots do not feel=20
any obligation to send some over...I=E2=80=99m just asking.&nbsp; Gary =
Myers Morden=20
NS</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_VRezxyxUmvJAUL9d2K22kw)--