[NatureNS] Snake

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:41:21 -0300

This afternoon we went for a drive up along the Medway River and down the
Garden Road past Rossignal and out to route 8 by the Power station. Colours
were  lovely but the light wasn't there to make them spectacular this year.
Outside the old townsite on the Garden/River Road, we stopped and I got some
photos of a lovely brown garter(?)snake. About 22" long we think and a nice
thickness. I had one living in my green house that was as long but not as
full as this. It was snoozing as Power Corp trucks zipped by. I got quite
close and it wasn't 'tasting' the air or making any movement at all. I
didn't think it had been hit by any vehicle and eventually when gently
prodded by Steve (I was wearing my sandals and had left the walking stick in
the truck) it moved off the road quite reluctantly. Lovely creature. I think
I have a couple nice photos for someone who asked me to take them if I saw
one. Problem is I can't remember who wanted them.
Marg in White Point, Queens