[NatureNS] Brier Birds

From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@eastlink.ca>
To: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>,
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:40:53 -0300

This morning at Brier there was a large fallout of birds but most of them
were Yellow-rumped Warblers.    Palm Warblers, Red-breasted Nuthatches and
Song Sparrows also arrived this morning

The large numbers of Sharp-shinned Hawks from yesterday had diminished to
just a few today.  The five days we spent on Brier had a good collection of
raptors.  A kettle of 30 Broad-winged Hawks were present.  Also seen were an
Osprey, several Turkey Vultures, Bald Eagles, Northern Harriers, a Cooper's
Hawk, a Red-tailed Hawk, several American Kestrels, a few Merlins and a
Peregrine Falcon.  Bernice Moores and I had two Northern Goshawks at dusk
last night and Bernice had a third today.

At least one Boreal Chickadee was seen today.

Don

Don MacNeill
donmacneill@eastlink.ca