[NatureNS] Shortage of Raccoons Anyone?

Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 19:04:15 -0300
From: Eleanor Lindsay <kelindsay@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_YRwkVvMzXKUEDh07Jowltw)

You can have mine, which are digging up my and my neighbours' lawns (for
junebug larvae?) and checking that I have remembered to take in my bird
feeders every night......!

Eleanor Lindsay
Seabright, St Margarets Bay

On 11/10/2011 5:55 AM, jeannies@ns.sympatico.ca wrote:
> I have a couple in Cape George,CB.They don't come every night now but I had them 2 nights ago.
> Jeannie Shermerhorn
>

> ---- Gary Myers<gemyers@eastlink.ca>  wrote:
>> Here in Morden we are normally (blessed?) with a number of raccoons who make their regular nocturnal runs in search of food.  For the past two weeks I have see no sign of them  I have a stealth camera which I run 24/7 in my backyard and all I caught on it was a beautiful six point White Tail buck about two weeks ago,  Doubly mystifying is the fact that we have a kiwi vine which this year produced far more fruit than ever before.  Usually the raccoons patiently await the kiwis ripening then take their pick (literally).  This year the kiwis are untouched.  Does anyone have similar experience?  I'm not complaining and if you have lots do not feel any obligation to send some over...I'm just asking.  Gary Myers Morden NS

--Boundary_(ID_YRwkVvMzXKUEDh07Jowltw)

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      are digging up my and my neighbours' lawns (for junebug larvae?)
      and checking that I have remembered to take in my bird feeders
      every night......!  <br>
      Eleanor Lindsay<br>
      Seabright, St Margarets Bay  </font><br>