[NatureNS] Re: [NatureNS] Crow's food-storage

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 20:43:45 -0300
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--90e6ba6e8298515ad404af9b4b6f

I regularly rehabilitate both injured and orphaned crows. They are major
stashers of everything and quite obsessive about it. I remember a particular
occasion when I was showing a potential volunteer around and she was
horrified to see the neatly stashed row of 1/2 mice that they had stuffed
between the vertical wood slats in their enclosure...she never returned :(
Helene
On 2011-10-14 11:37 AM, "win&amp;Ina" <win@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> We fed crows dry dog food,They do the same thing take it away and "hid" it
> in the ground.I think they remember where it is, have seen them in winter go
> back to the spot and get food. w. Kettleson (Truro)
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul S. Boyer" <psboyer@eastlink.ca>

een the vertical wood slats in their enclosure...she never returned :(<br>

Helene</p>
ot; &lt;win@eastlink.ca&gt; wrote:<b=
r type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 =
0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
We fed crows dry dog food,They do the same thing take it away and &quot;hid=
&quot; it in the ground.I think they remember where it is, have seen them i=
n winter go back to the spot and get food. w. Kettleson (Truro)<br>
----- Original Message ----- From: &quot;Paul S. Boyer&quot; &lt;<a href=3D=
"mailto:psboyer@eastlink.ca" target=3D"_blank">psboyer@eastlink.ca</a>&gt;<=
br>