[NatureNS] Chat, yellowlegs Pt Pleasant Park, Halifax

From: Andrew Horn <aghorn@dal.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:52:37 -0300

Hi all,

This afternoon there was a Yellow-breasted Chat in berry- and cover-
rich area north of Hemlock Walk and west of Maple Walk. It might be
tough to find; after 10 minutes of poking around I thought there were
only about 3 juncos in that area, but after about 10 minutes more
wandering and pishing I reckoned there were at least 50.

Also, this morning, unusually for the location, a very confused Lesser
Yellowlegs kept getting flushed by joggers and a near-sighted guy with
binoculars to and from various spots, including the main paths, near
Black Rock Beach.

Cheers,
Andy Horn
Halifax