[NatureNS] Fw: Townsend's Solitaire

From: Hans Toom <htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:27:58 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_MHatXYyghwbFcwAbKivvfQ)

----- Original Message -----
From: Hans Toom
To: NS-RBA
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 12:27 PM
Subject: Townsend's Solitaire

I spotted a Townsend's Solitaire this morning lurking in the multiflora bramble that envelops my front yard platform feeder. I first saw this bird about 3-4 weeks ago but couldn't confirm the sighting since I only saw a 1/2 second flash of a mid sized grey thrush, with a small bill and white outer tail flashings.

If you want to see this bird park in the parking area by the mail boxes at Camperdown Road and Ketch Harbour Road and walk down to my place. Go no more than 10 metres up the driveway and look to the bramble to your right over the feeder. Please avoid the back yard as visits here tend to scatter birds.

The Red-bellied Woodpecker visited again yesterday but I haven't seen it today yet.

Until the temperatures fall and we start to get hard frosts birds will not be reliable around my place.

Hans

PS A previous resident of this house was killed walking beside Ketch Harbour Road near our place. The morons driving cars like to race past here and pass each other over the double line. Parking on the narrow shoulder only creates a more dangerous situation for everybody.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hans Toom
Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada
http://www.hanstoom.com/

--Boundary_(ID_MHatXYyghwbFcwAbKivvfQ)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.19154">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A
title=htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca href="mailto:htoom@hfx.eastlink.ca">Hans Toom</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com
href="mailto:NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com">NS-RBA</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Monday, November 21, 2011 12:27 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Townsend's Solitaire</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I spotted a <STRONG>Townsend's Solitaire</STRONG>
this morning lurking in the multiflora bramble that envelops my front yard
platform feeder. I first saw this bird about 3-4 weeks ago but couldn't confirm
the sighting since I only saw a 1/2 second flash of a mid sized grey thrush,
with a small bill and white outer tail flashings.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>If you want to see this bird park in the parking
area by the mail boxes at&nbsp;Camperdown Road and Ketch Harbour Road and walk
down to my place. Go no more than 10 metres up the driveway and look to the
bramble to your right over the feeder. Please avoid the back yard as visits here
tend to scatter birds.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>The <STRONG>Red-bellied Woodpecker</STRONG> visited
again yesterday but I haven't seen it today yet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Until the temperatures fall and we start to get
hard frosts birds will not be reliable around my place.</FONT></DIV><FONT size=2
face=Arial>
<DIV><BR>Hans</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>PS</STRONG> A previous resident of this house was killed walking
beside Ketch Harbour Road near our place. The&nbsp;morons driving cars&nbsp;like
to race past here and pass each other over the double line. Parking on the
narrow shoulder only creates a more dangerous situation for
Toom<BR>Portuguese Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada<BR><A
href="http://www.hanstoom.com/">http://www.hanstoom.com/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_MHatXYyghwbFcwAbKivvfQ)--