[NatureNS] White Point_snow geese

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:45:43 -0400

Friends viewing the ruins of the lodge from the golf course, later yesterday
pm,  feel they were seeing  5 Snow geese.  3 mature and 2 immature. I sent
link to images from the internet and they feel that they are right.   Lifers
for them.

Mid am yesterday, I had a quite large group of sparrows (30+) with possibly
two long spurs. Most sparrows I could note were 7 or 8 White Throats, a Fox
in breeding plumage and either juvenile or females. Lots of scrapping
(almost territorial?) which has not usually been the case around here since
spring. They moved on after an hours or so.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens Co..