[NatureNS] Backyard Birds; Snowy Day!

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 12:41:19 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--e89a8f3ba889b5121c04b27db4d5

They'll find them Gayle, good work though on feeder management.Bringing
them in at night is the best way to deter raccoons, I promise.

Helene

--
Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre

--e89a8f3ba889b5121c04b27db4d5

They&#39;ll find them Gayle, good work though on feeder management.Bringing=
 them in at night is the best way to deter raccoons, I promise.=A0<div><br>=
 8:48 PM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:duartess@ns.sympatico.ca=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">Have been carefully trying to manage my bac=
kyard feeders recently, first to deter the pigeons which, unfortunately, we=
re roosting on our NEW roof. That management technique proved to be, at lea=
st, a little bit successful, but now must contend with raccoons! They have =
caused feeders to disappear or to be destroyed.<br>

Simply, I now bring them in at night and return them in the morning.<br>
Unfortunately, since my feeder change &amp; changing their position, no Nor=
thern Cardinals or White-breasted Nuthatches have been seen recently, but a=
 number of American Goldfinches, BC Chickadees, Song Sparrows, White throat=
ed Sparrows, Hairy, Downy Woodpeckers &amp; Blue-jays have been appearing r=
egularly, especially this morning, as the snow began to fall in earnest, he=
re in Dartmouth.<br>

Gayle MacLean<br>
hotmail.com" target=3D"_blank">birdvet@hotmail.com</a></div>
v><div>Our=A0<a href=3D"http://cwrc.net/?page_id=3D224" target=3D"_blank">2=