[NatureNS] Canvasbacks in Bisset Lake

From: "Elizabeth Doull" <edoull@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 23:28:35 -0400

Wow, I really like the photo of two canvasbacks feeding together with many
coots and scaups.  It would be neat to have it in our next NSBS magazine.
Thanks for sharing!

Liz

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:16 PM
Canvasbacks in Bisset Lake

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 14:30
Bisset Lake, Cole Harbour

There was a pair of Canvasbacks still hanging out in Bisset Lake this
afternoon.  They were feeding with a large group of Coots and Scaup,
straight off from the parking lot.  I managed to get a few pictures that
I posted in my online gallery at:

http://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/2011-Birds/15878194_kQxV2r

There were also several Common Mergansers and  a few Canada Geese in the
same area.

Paul Murray
Dartmouth