[NatureNS] MBBA tribute to Brian Dalzell

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:03:12 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_VRyyNHviKn+NXRSHWX8UmQ)

Ken McKenna
Box 218 Stellarton NS
B0K 1S0
902 752-7644

Hi all
I had to go to the Maritime Breeding bird Atlas site today and noted a fine tribute to the late Brian Dalzell has been freshly posted. I met Brian birding on many occasions and was stunned to read he passed away at such a young age. I think I first met Brian on my very first field trip of the NS Bird Society outside Pictou Co. It was to Bon Portage I.  probably in the late 80's or early 90's and I did not know a sole although there was a large group of birders on the island. I can remember we were all sitting around after a day of birding and eating supper and someone realized Brian was not in yet. I think he had been out stomping around in the savannah looking for rails, a dangerous thing to be doing after dark. Brian always put a lot of effort into  birding and
over the years adding lots of valuable info for all the Maritime provinces and l will miss him and his contributions.
Here is a link to the article  http://www.mba-aom.ca/english/index.html

Ken

--Boundary_(ID_VRyyNHviKn+NXRSHWX8UmQ)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.19154">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ken McKenna<BR>Box 218 Stellarton NS<BR>B0K
1S0<BR>902 752-7644<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Hi all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>I had to go to the Maritime Breeding bird Atlas
site today and noted a fine tribute to the late Brian Dalzell has been
freshly&nbsp;posted. I met Brian birding on many occasions and was stunned to
read he passed away at such a young age. I think I first met Brian on my very
first field trip of the NS Bird Society outside Pictou Co. It was to Bon Portage
I. &nbsp;probably in the late 80's or early 90's </FONT><FONT size=2
face=Arial>and I did not know a sole although there was a large group of birders
on the island. I can remember we were all sitting around after a day of birding
and eating supper and someone realized Brian was not in yet. I think he had been
out stomping around in the savannah looking for rails, a dangerous thing to be
doing after dark. Brian always put a lot of effort into&nbsp; birding
and</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>over the years adding lots of valuable&nbsp;info
for all the&nbsp;</FONT><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Maritime </FONT><FONT size=2
face=Arial>provinces and l will miss him and his contributions. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Here is a link to the article&nbsp; <A
href="http://www.mba-aom.ca/english/index.html">http://www.mba-aom.ca/english/index.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Ken</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2 face=Arial>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_VRyyNHviKn+NXRSHWX8UmQ)--