[NatureNS] common gallinule

Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 17:19:24 -0400
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--14dae934093b98486404b45045ea

Good point Tuma, We get birds to overwinter every year. I'm also hoping
people keep an eye on the Snowy Owls that are around. The few we've got in
over the years were in such advanced states of starvation that they were
nearly dead when we got them. I'd say this bird's chances depend heavily on
the weather and it's ability to find food.

Helene

--
Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre

--14dae934093b98486404b45045ea

Good point Tuma, We get birds to overwinter every year. I&#39;m also hoping=
 people keep an eye on the Snowy Owls that are around. The few we&#39;ve go=
t in over the years were in such advanced states of starvation that they we=
re nearly dead when we got them. I&#39;d say this bird&#39;s chances depend=
 heavily on the weather and it&#39;s ability to find food.=A0<div>
1 at 3:20 PM, Tuma Young <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tumayoung@=
gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-=
left:1ex">
today Nick and I picked up a raccoon and took it to Hope For Wildlife. =A0W=
e remarked to Hope about the Common Gallinule and she mentioned that over t=
he years, she has taken care of several at the farm. =A0She asked if it was=
 whether it was ok and that everyone to keep an eye out for it. =A0Hope tho=
ught that the bird may not make it over the winter and if we saw that it wa=
s in trouble, to bring it in to her or to Cobequid Rehab (Helene van Doninc=
k) where they can keep it alive over the =A0winter and release it in the sp=
ring.=A0</span></div>
an Doninck DVM<div>
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre</div><div>RR#1 Brookfield NS B0N1C0=
c.net" target=3D"_blank">www.cwrc.net</a></div>

--14dae934093b98486404b45045ea--