[NatureNS] Pink-footed Goose in Windsor

Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 19:33:16 -0400
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

style=3D"margin-top: 0px
Replying mainly to Graham: It has always been hard to predict when,
during the day, the geese will actually be present. Looking at the
google map of the Maxner farm, this is the primary location where the
PFGO has been found all along. Also, you just about had to be viewing
this exact area if you were on College Road. I dropped by about 2 or
2:30 yesterday afternoon & there was not a single goose in the entire
area between College Road & Route 14. I know others have had the same
experience. Lots of luck involved. I've seen the PFGO 4 times.

When the geese are not in this area, it seems that they are usually
out in the Avon R. estuary. No one has reported seeing the PFGO out
there, but it has been seen arriving with the Canadas from that
direction.

Rick Whitman