[NatureNS] Vogel the Common Gallinule

From: Christopher Majka <c.majka@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:36:05 -0400

I think that in picking up an injured bird and conveying it to a
rehabilitation center, one set of criteria may apply.

When it comes to trapping a wild bird, governed by articles in the
Migratory Birds Convention Act, different criteria will apply. One may
be concerned about the welfare of a bird, but there is nonetheless
legislation that governs what is and is not allowed.

As Tuma suggest, it would be worthwhile checking with Hope Swinimer to
see whether her rehabilitation license covers such circumstances, and
if not, to apply for a permit. In the interests of the welfare of a
bird, its nonetheless worthwhile not to run afoul (no pun intended ;-
 >) of the law.

Cheers,

Chris