[NatureNS] River Otter on New Year's Day

From: Brian Bartlett <bbartlett@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:29:04 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01CCD1FF.B3C3C8C0

It's taken a while for me to get this written, but it any case, on New =
Year's Day my younger daughter spotted an Otter running across the thin =
ice of Frog Pond, Jollimore, HRM. Then we both watched it run quite a =
distance, out of sight. We went off the trail, through the woods, and =
luckily came out at a location much closer to the Otter, its whiskers =
and nose clearly visible through the binoculars. It ran around a little =
more, then disappeared around a corner. This is the first time we'd seen =
an Otter there. Does anyone (Pat Chalmers?) know how often Otters are =
seen at Frog Pond, especially in the winter?
Brian
------=_NextPart_000_0016_01CCD1FF.B3C3C8C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16440"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>It's taken a while for me to get this written, =
but it=20
any case, on New Year's Day my younger daughter spotted&nbsp;an Otter =
running=20
across the thin ice of Frog Pond, Jollimore, HRM. Then we both watched =
it run=20
quite a distance, out of sight. We went off the trail, through the =
woods, and=20
luckily came out at a location much closer to the Otter, its whiskers =
and nose=20
clearly visible&nbsp;through the binoculars. It ran around a little =
more, then=20
disappeared around a corner. This is the first time we'd seen an Otter =
there.=20
Does anyone (Pat Chalmers?) know how often Otters are&nbsp;seen at Frog =
Pond,=20
especially&nbsp;in the winter?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>Brian</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01CCD1FF.B3C3C8C0--