[NatureNS] yellow bellied sapsucker

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:29:31 -0400

It is a busy spot here today. Many of the following: Song Sparrows, White
Throat Sparrows, an American Tree Sparrow(we had nine for a couple days)
possibly a Lincoln Sparrow, very shy) , Junocs, Chickadees, American
Goldfinches, Blue Jays, Starlings, Robins. A parade of both Hairy and  Downy
Woodpeckers, both male and females, a Northern Flicker and haven't seen one
of these for awhile, a Yellow Bellied Sapsucker!...I tried to get a photo of
all four woodpeckers in the apple tree at the same time. I don't know if it
turned out yet or not.
There is one male Robin  back for fourth or fifth year...no doubt as he
follows us about the yard, chatting as we go.
The bald eagle is still about as well as a very large hawk I can't get close
enough to see clearly. Lots of crows , a Raven oh and lots of Mourning Doves
as well.
Marg Millard, White Point, Queens