[NatureNS] day 3..Varied thrush

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:26:58 -0400

Good morning!! The thrush is still here. In the  sunlight he is very
striking!!
At the moment it is playing tag with Robin in the front yard hawthorn trees,
quite close to the road. I believe it found the seed and suet feeders
earlier so we'll see if it comes in closer when Robin goes back to his
apples.
I have already chased the neighbourhood cats twice this am, seen the
sharp-shinned hawk once and have been out enjoying the lovely spring like
day listening to bird speak! oh and my snow drops are showing just a hint of
white buds above ground. A bit slow this year but probably because we
haven't had snow to act as a greenhouse to bring them on in time for
Valentine's as I have come to expect.  Life doesn't get much better than
this, does it?