[NatureNS] Gallinule at Red Bridge Pond

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:54:05 -0400
From: <duartess@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: P&P Murray <murraypaul@ns.sympatico.ca>

Fantastic photos, Paul! Was down early this morning with my usual offerings of canned salmon, chopped beef suet, price reduced snipped spinach leaves, a suet block & mixed seed for the ducks. Regardless, this bird will most definitely find the morsels you left! :o) Have found, it is often, a little bit of a prima donna when it has an audience! :o)
I truly hope it makes it through, without being eaten by some kind of predator but, thankfully, it is quite wary & skittish and it has lots of hiding spots!
Am off to the UK on Feb 28 until March 14 to attend Crufts in Birmingham.  Certainly know that Moorhens/Gallinules are very common there! Will have some time to do some birding while in the West Midlands. Looking forward to my trip, needless to say!

Cheers!

Gayle MacLean