[NatureNS] Stonewalled; barely NatureNs material

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 22:17:14 -0400

Dear All,                        Feb 18, 2012
    In a strict sense this is not NatureNS material but I expect many buy
books and it does involve predatory behavior.  Beware of Abebooks. If your
book arrives fine; but if it does not arrive then tough. At least that has
been my experience.

    I ordered a fairly expensive second-hand book from Abebooks UK on Nov 14
and the order was sublet to J D Book Corner.

    When the book had not arrived by Dec 30 I tried to make contact and have
written twice (three times if you count today) more requesting a refund but
have received only automated replies to the effect that someone will contact
me within two days.

    And applying for a refund on their site, without direct contact with a
person, is like finding a way to untie the Gordian Knot.

    Too bad Lee Valley (a first-rate company) does not run Abebooks.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville